Week 2 (6/3/24)

This week was majority spent in the field collecting ticks. I have gotten much better at identifying tick species on the flags, and in particular spotting the Deer Tick Nymphs, which are what we aim to collect. It was nice being able to see parts of Long Island I have not been to before, and being outside in general for most of the day. In the lab I have gotten much quicker at using the tweezers and microscope to sort the ticks by ID, and almost all the time I did not spend in the field this week was identifying the ticks we have collected, since we are sort of backed up right now. I have not done much with the mosquitos this week, only working on IDing those for a few minutes on Wednesday. My side project of making some Lyme Disease data presentable got feedback on monday, and so I have been chipping away at it slowly each morning, before most people are at work. I find excel to be sort of like a puzzle, so I find it fun and it helps wake me up a little. I hope to have this revised version done by the end of next week to present to my supervisors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 (5/28/24)

Week 7 (7/8/24)

Week 4 (6/17/24)