Week 6 (7/1/24)

This week is a short week for fourth of July, and I am taking a personal day off on the 5th, so not to much happened. On Monday we went to our sites in East Hampton to finish the samples off before the Deer Tick nymph season slows down to much. We got the ticks we needed, just in time for it to pour for the whole ride home. There was a bunch of traffic so that is all we did on Monday. I got back, did a few odd chores around the lab such as folding the ticking flags before the day ended. Tuesday was entirely opposite from Monday, and I was in the whole day sorting and counting mosquitos. I have the gravid traps down to a science, but I keep messing up the backend with entering data into the computers and today a sample may have gone missing but we do not know, and could've been a zero. From now on if I get any empty traps I am going to mark them as such in my notebook just to be sure. Lastly Wednesday Me, Steve, and the new lab tech hire, another Michael, went to the site in Longhorn site 1, and there was not many ticks at all, even less than our last visit. When I got back I presented my projects I had done so far and got feedback for them that I will be working on for the week or so. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 (5/28/24)

Week 7 (7/8/24)

Week 4 (6/17/24)